Cuckoo Clock Instructions & Troubleshooting Guide
For reference, the instructions on setting up the clock are as follows, and please note that set-up is easiest if the pendulum is not attached:
- Insert new batteries
- Remove the batteries from the compartment
- With the battery compartment empty, set the hands of the clock to 12:50
- Reinsert the batteries
- Set hands to the current time, clockwise, try pausing after each hour to allow the "cuckoo" mechanism to run its chime. Once the time is set, gently attach the pendulum if desired. Slide arm into the channel of the attachment until it feels 'clicked' into place.
- Once the time is set and the pendulum is gently inserted, go ahead and test out the different sounds on the back. The dial and buttons are as follows (from left to right - volume, original "cuckoo" sound setting, bird songs setting, button to open the birdbox).
Need more help getting your clock to work?
We've tested many of our clocks to work out any potential defects/errors. We performed the following remedy on our Cuckoo Clock and found that it is successful in fixing several issues.
- Our first try: We followed the instructions to set the time. The time was working and the pendulum was swinging, but the bird didn't come out.
- Our second try: We removed the batteries, then followed the instructions again. This time the pendulum wasn't working, and the bird wouldn't come out, but it was still telling time.
- Our third try: We removed the batteries, then followed the instructions again. This time, the time was working and the pendulum was swinging, but the bird wouldn't come out. We left it like this on the wall for a day, and to our surprise, the bird began working!
What we found, is that after each attempt to fix the issue, we needed to allow the mechanism roughly a day (give or take) to register the fix. After about a day, it should begin working, though it may take a couple of tries. If your bird isn't coming out/pendulum isn't working/chimes are off, etc, we recommend following the steps outlined above. After each try, give it a day or so to see if the mechanism begins working as ours did.